Tuesday, August 5, 2008

emotion and reason

if I have, I would give it to you, my friend. :) To me, pity is something you feel with a certain distance, but compassion is something you can't just leave from, something make you act. I am not a big fan of Kundera anymore, but he kinda define love like this; love is something you can't turn around and leave without any 'reason'. You share this weird 'sym-pathy' with somebody(total stranger)- and this sympathy is the highest emotional state we can achieve while we live.well, I feel a little bit sad about his definition on love - bc even though I agree with his attempt to be 'really honest' about our 'being'- or maybe I should say our 'clumsy-selfish-being', but, don't have to lie that we are so cool and selfish like that. If we are, what the hell he is doing, all mumbling about 'desire to be one' or whatever 'sym-pathy' or things? No offense to my ex-favorite writer ^.- , for I totally agree with him in that love starts from 'action' not just 'imagining inside of oneself', and I really respect our peaceful-honest 'existentialist tradition', and their fear about crazy heart, but it seems like a very 'full of being afraid' definition to me. Yeah, He likes stravinsky, and so do I, and we all are afraid of wars(crazy heart also), but I am afraid of his 'passive-right' answer too. Is life a thing really really I have to be afraid of like that? Do I really have to see myself with that point of view? Maybe that's right answer 'being a cool' or maybe 'warm'.

However, I am a foolish. Hell with 'being right'. - choose either hot or cold. ^.-

No comments: